Monday, October 11, 2004

DOWN with the Sinclair Broadcast Group!!

As you may know, the Sinclair Broadcast Group is set to air an anti-Kerry "news" special right before the election. It is a blatant attempt to influence the election against Kerry.

Visit Stop Sinclair Broadcast Group to sign the petition. There are links to the advertisers as well.

I wrote an email to Applebee's - and here is the text of it. Feel free to copy and use it as you wish.

Ms. Carol DiRaimo
Applebee's International, Inc.

Dear Ms. DiRaimo,


My family, friends and I are frequent customers at Applebee's. We like the food, atmosphere and the family friendly environment.

Recently I learned that Applebee's is a sponsor on one or more television stations owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group. As you may know, Sinclair has ordered its affiliate stations to broadcast an anti-Kerry movie within days of the election. I believe this is a blatant and inappropriate use of publicly owned airwaves in an attempt to sway the result of the election.

I hope that Applebee's would hold itself to a higher standard and denounce this partisan attack for what it is. I, my family, and friends, urge you to re-consider advertising with the Sinclair Broadcast Group if they continue their plan to air what they questionably define as 'news.'

Sincerely,


Matthew F. Hawn


No comments: