Sunday, March 29, 2009

RIP: My Favorite Teacup!


Tragedy has struck my household!! My favorite teacup, a limited-edition Roy Kirkham 1992 Iris cup(#54!) which had a small chip (my doing), cracked irreparably when I poured in the water for my first cup of tea yesterday morning.





Thankfully, I have a number of other ones but #54! Such a low number! I am going to at least glue it and plant something in it but it will never be the same. I've had that cup for 17 years - since it came out. I thought I would have that cup forever!

4 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

my condolences

daan said...

Poor cup. Poor Bastard.
That's how I destroyed 3 oven dishes, somehow these things don't like in- or decreasing temperatures and they sigh and collapse.

So now you're looking online for #01 to #53? Try E-Bay and sites like that.

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

Thanks to both of you!

I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I even tried replacements, ltd. No luck.

Mitzi said...

Deepest sympathies to Pansy on the sad loss of your iris mug. If it's any comfort to you I've lost a rhododendron bush this week, I've had it for years in a wooden planter and in just a few days it has curled up and withered away, I reckon it's been poisoned by a jealous passer by.