Wednesday, May 06, 2009

First photos of Spring 2009

Now, remember, I am NOT a photographer. I barely know how to hit the damned button to take the picture. I'm a flower fag, not a technofile.

stainless
Narcissus "Stainless" - flawless white, beautiful fragrance.

salomé
Narcissus "Salomé" - pinkish cup, tall, long-lasting in the vase.

ice follies
Nacissus "Ice Follies" - hard to see the yellow cup. They eventually turn white-ish. A good bloomer - I've had these for years.

miniris09
Iris - ?? - Miniature Iris - I'm not sure of the exact name of this one. It's literally not more than 3 inches tall, in bloom. One of my faves.

6 comments:

G said...

I must send you pics of my garden. I have Hollyhocks this spring that are 8 feet high. You have nice bulbs. Cant wait to see more. Mike, studio city. ca

G said...

Where have you gone? I miss seeing your flowers blooming. The garden changes so fast in a week. Hope all is well. Mike studio city ca

Anonymous said...

purdy

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

Thanks, Mike & Kevin.

Mike: We had a damned hail storm - not big hail - pea-sized, and it lasted for a while, and I ended up having to get out the snow shovel to scoop my deck. It was about 3" deep, so what flowers were blooming aren't anymore! I've got iris coming soon, though!

G said...

Glad you are back. Sorry to hear about your battle with mother nature. Like some mothers she can really get your panties in a bunch, sometimes. We are lucky here in L.A. we dont have any more bad weather until late fall. Later, Mike studio city, ca

Scooter said...

Gorgeous!!!