Sunday, July 12, 2009

NEW Baby!

2009 baby

You really need to click on the image and view it in the large size to truly appreciate it.


This baby has been a number of years in the making, at the very least, three years, probably four, though. It has a very heavy substance and it just GLOWS in the garden. It's in between a ton of other lilies and I noticed it from a distance, in the rain. It is definitely a child of Night Wings (a near-black tetraploid).

Notice the midribs heavily defined on the petals, and even visible on the sepals! I can't wait to see it in the sun (if we ever get to see the sun again)!

5 comments:

MAC said...

OK, now you're just showing off. I'm going out and buying a cactus first thing in the morning.

Anonymous said...

loverly!

please come do our garden!

Mitzi said...

What are you going to call this baby of yours? It needs a name.

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

I'll take suggestions, Mitzi!

A cactus, Mac? I don't do succulents. I over-water them and they rot!

Kevin: I only travel first-class with cute flight attendants.

Mitzi said...

The Dolly Whoopsy?